April 18, 2012
My first blogger award!
Yay! I’ve been nominated for my first blogger award- the VBA!
Rules of the Versatile Blogger Award are as follows:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Thank you again, New Single Guy for nominating me for the VBA. I love your blog as well, and it’s great to hear from someone who is in a similar situation as me (divorced from a highschool sweetheart after so many years) but also from the male perspective. I started this blog a few months ago so that I could sleep easy at night by venting all of my thoughts and emotions through writing. I never expected that anyone would read much of it, or that I would find so many kindred souls in the blogging world. So thanks to everyone who cares about what I have to say.😉
On with the show… I have not selected 15 bloggers, but 10. These bloggers primarily all write about relationships. This is important and pertinent to me, as I have been learning how to build new relationships or rebuild old ones over the past year and a half. Some are thought provoking, others simply hilarious, and I enjoy reading them all. A few of these bloggers are even responsible for keeping me in check relationship-wise at times (you know who you are!).
My favorite bloggers/nominees are as follows:
8. Light Motifs
I think you all are completely awesome, and appreciate your work.
Lastly, 7 things about myself:
- I don’t care what anyone has to say about it- I wear my yoga pants to Walmart on a regular basis.
- I will listen to the 100% Christmas music all the time radio station from November 26th through December 25th. It makes me happy.
- I love scary movies, but most of all I LOVE zombie movies. But only if I have someone to watch them with.
- I can be very superstitious. I will always pick a penny up if I see it.
- I haven’t eaten a hamburger in 15 years. But I ate a hot dog last week.
- Among other types of literature, I really enjoy reading young adult fiction- don’t judge me.
- The URL to my blog, misadventures of my awkward dating life, is misspelled. Again, please don’t judge me, there was no spell check.